Download the map Magister Craft used in the production of this video to play by yourself or with your students!
Instructions and Download:
I have made an adventure map in Minecraft for learning Latin! If you have any experience with Minecraft Adventure maps, you will find mine not nearly as elaborate as theirs since I have the additional focus of language teaching, but it does have all the usual characteristics as you might expect in an Adventure map: storyline, good guys and bad guys, clues, mystery, revenge, fighting, and more importantly there is Latin! I have included a link to the map pack in this message.
This will only work if you already have Minecraft or if you purchase a copy before trying to play. This map will not work without Minecraft credentials. If you already have those credentials or plan to get them, continue reading.
**Before proceeding, I have a gaming computer. I am not sure how well this will run on a regular laptop/computer since I do not have one. If it works/doesn't on a regular laptop/computer, please let me know!
1. Download the file Conquest - MagisterCraft.
2. You must unzip it this .rar file. You can do so on your desktop.
3. From that folder, you will need to open the CRLauncher-4.3.8.exe (Sorry Mac users. I am working on a Mac version of this and plan to have it ready when I release this publicly.)
4. This will ask you to launch. Do so. Then input your Minecraft credentials. *This process will take a moment to download the usual Minecraft files.
5. When the program is running, click Single Player.
6. The map erroneously entitled Again (It should just say Whodunit and I not sure why I can't change that) is the map you will play. Click it and start the map.
7. From there, you will see a series of instructions in English to begin. Then you will meet me, in game! I will speak to you in Latin setting the tone for the rest of the game. Have a Latin dictionary handy (I like https://www.latinitium.com/latin-dictionaries?t= ) and be ready to work for this one! When you are done playing or if you have issues getting started, please send your feedback to email@example.com.
Also, the second point of this map was so that teachers could take students on a virtual tour of a Roman house! Just be sure to get rid of the bodies and the baddies ;)
Have fun and valete!